What are Slide Apps?
Deck.Toys provides amazing Slide Apps which you can easily drag and drop into your slides as well embedded YouTube videos in Slide & Video Activity to make them highly interactive!
There are four types of Slides Apps, namely Response Apps, Supercharge, Tools and Mystery Apps.
- Text is used for the student to elaborate on the answer. The default length for a text tool is 140 characters, with an option for up to 500 characters.
- Draw is used for the student to sketch out the answer. You may also use this to request the student to draw on the image that you have embedded in the slide.
- Placemarker works when the question requires the student to identify the answer on an embedded image by placing a placemarker on it. An example of such a question is, "Please tell me where do you live? Identify your location by positioning the placemarker on the map."
- Quick Poll helps to capture the student's response to a specific question quickly. An example of such a question is, "Do you agree with the given statement?" A poll is rated by providing the number of stars, thumbs up/ down, tick/ cross, etc.
- Photo prompts students to activate their device camera to take a picture. This app is useful to let students insert their photos into the slide or to submit pictures of their written workings.
- Upload prompts students to upload an existing image from the device or take and upload a screen snip. For example, you may request students to take a screen snip of their report from a third-party website.
- Voice allows students to record their own audio and submit up to 20 seconds of voice recording to you.
- Treasure Key App allows you to create an aura of exploration within your lesson as students are required to collect Treasure Keys with matching Key IDs to unlock the Treasure.
- Lock App comes in Text, Number, QR Code, Voice and Direction locks. This amazing app turns your slides into a breakout challenge for more thrill and excitement in solving questions.
- Gauntlet App allows the fastest students to reach this app to finger-snap half the class to lose half their points in the Deck.Toys Classroom.
- MCQ is a flexible Multiple-Choice Question app that you may add to your Slide in addition to the default Slide's question and answer choice.
- Drag n Drop allows you to configure drag and drop answers into a question or image field. This is one of the most flexible and advanced features of Deck.Toys.
- Jigsaw turns the slide image you uploaded into a jigsaw puzzle that students need to solve before being revealed.
- Randomizer is used in helping you to select a random student to respond in the classroom.
- Spin-eroo provides you with a quick way to randomly select a name or item from a given list, with an option for an AI-generated list.
- Buzzer helps to capture the student's attention during the lesson by requiring them to respond unexpectedly for point-scoring.
- Timer works just as a physical stopwatch. Use this to keep track of the timing for a particular challenge that you need the student to complete.
- Web Link is used when you would like to embed external links to the slide. Once the student has completed viewing the links, the student has to mark it as complete to notify you that material in the external source has been read.
- Label is useful for you to add points of interest on a Slide Image. For example, labeling the different body parts of the human body.
- Audio Clip allows you to upload up to 30 seconds of your own voice recording onto the Slides. This feature is only available to Pro Plan users.
- Typing Race is a fun typing game for your students to play as a brain break or as practice for their typing speed and accuracy.
Mystery Crypt, Mystery Mines and Mystery Piano Slide Apps: Here is a demo of how they work: https://deck.toys/decks/7kyQpzbvK/Deck-Toys-Mystery-Apps-Demo